For issue 8 of The Lindenwood Review, rather than offering Journal Editing as a class--which would mean only a limited number of students would be able to serve as editorial assistants--any interested MFA students will have the opportunity to read, discuss, and vote on selected submissions for our journal. Students will be able to choose the genres and number of submissions they read.
While there will not be course credit for journal editing work this year, students who participate will be able to list an Editorial Assistant credit on their CV/resume--and it is a valuable experience for a writer to be on the other side of the submission process. (Next year, for issue 9, we will go back to offering Journal Editing as a class with limited enrollment, which includes additional coursework and requirements, along with a much heavier reading load.)
If you are interested in volunteering some time during fall quarter to work on TLR8, please post a response in the MFA Students Canvas group by September 25 indicating the following information:
1. Which genre(s) you would like to read/discuss/vote on: Fiction (short stories and/or first chapters of novels), Personal Essays, Poetry
2. Which week(s) during fall quarter would you be available for discussion/voting sessions: Week 2 (starting 10/9), Week 4 (10/23), Week 6 (11/6), Week 8 (11/20)
3. Are you also interested in proofreading and line-editing accepted pieces?
4. How would you like your name listed in the journal?
5. What is your mailing address to receive your editorial assistant's copy of the journal when it is published?
After September 25, Beth will send detailed info to students who have posted a response in our Canvas group. Feel free to contact Beth with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.