In the MFA Students Canvas group, click on Modules, then click on Registration Response SU QTR 17. Post your request for Beth to enroll you. List the classes you would like to take for summer, including back-up choices if you are taking online classes. Please make it clear how many online classes you wish to be enrolled in.
Students will be registered in the order of requests received (per date/time stamp on Canvas post). If a class has filled before your registration, Beth will enroll you in your first listed back-up class.
A confirmation announcement will be posted in Canvas no later than 11:59pm on May 22 when all students have been enrolled (for those who posted their registration responses by 5/22). No individual confirmation emails will be sent. Students are responsible for then checking their schedule in the SU QTR 17 student portal and noting if any they are enrolled in any back-up classes.
To request that Beth make changes to your schedule after initial enrollment, you can re-post in the Registration Response thread or email Beth.
Students who request to self-register:
1. In the MFA Students Canvas group, click on Modules, then click on Registration Response SU QTR 17. Post your request for Beth to enable your portal for summer self-registration.
2. Log into the student portal on May 22, on or after 7am CENTRAL time (adjust for your time zone as needed). Be sure your pop-up blocker is disabled.
3. Change the current term (top left by your name) to SU QTR 17
4. Click on Registration in the left column. (If you receive an error message stating that your advisor has blocked your registration, then either you are in the wrong term—change to SU QTR 17—or you did not post your request for Beth to enable your portal.)
5. To filter course offerings, click on SHOW FILTER. In the DEPARTMENT field, enter IMF to list all MFA classes. (On-campus students can filter further by entering 80 in the SECTION field.)
6. Click on the box by the first class you’d like to enroll in. It will be added add the top of the page. Continue to click the box next to any additional classes you would like to add. (For the on-campus cluster, click all three course numbers that include section number .80).
7. When all classes have been added to your schedule, click to process/save your schedule, then click OK to complete enrollment.
8. You can make schedule changes in your student portal through the end of open enrollment (for Summer quarter, open enrollment ends July 3). To drop a class, follow the registration instructions above, and then click the box next to that class in your schedule at the top of the page to remove it. To add a class, filter by IMF and click the box next to the class you want to add. Complete your registration as noted above. You can view your schedule at any time in your portal (be sure your portal is in term SU QTR 17 to view the summer schedule). After open enrollment ends, students must email Beth to make any schedule changes.